Philmac, see Australia’s premier manufacturer of plastic compression fittings for polyethylene pipelines is proud to release 3G Metric™ – our third and very latest generation of fittings to connect metric sized poly pipe. Having taken international markets by storm since its release in 2005, 3G Metric™ is now set to make metric poly pipe connections in Australia easier than ever before. The culmination of years of research & development and utilisation of cutting-edge manufacturing technology and stringent testing, this new range of fittings is smaller, tougher and faster to use than ever before. And, its 100% compatible with Australia’s number one fitting to join rural poly pipe, Philmac Rural. Designed to make the job at hand so much easier, the 3G Metric™ plastic compression fitting is the product of Philmac’s unrelenting commitment to continuous improvement and a culture based on innovation and ingenuity
Fast and easy installation
• Slide & Tighten® technology: 3G Metric™ incorporates all the benefits of Philmac’s unique Slide & Tighten® technology. No pipe preparation is needed and no force is required to push the pipe past the seal, so installation couldn’t be faster or easier. Simply insert the pipe into the fitting until the stop is felt, and then tighten the nut. Assembly is so easy you can even do it under live conditions. No special tools are required, and there is no need to disassemble the fitting before use because the 3G Metric™ compression fitting is supplied pre-assembled and ready to use.
• Compact design: The size of the new Philmac 3G Metric™ compression fitting has been kept to a minimum, making the fitting ideal to use in confined areas. In addition to making connections with minimal turns of the nut, the design and size of the fitting means that in installations taking place between two fixed points, the manipulation of the pipe into the fitting becomes easy.
• Easy disassembly: The fitting has been designed so the collet is released as soon as the nut is backed off, making disassembly easy.
• Dynamic sealing method: The mechanical advantage of the nut thread compresses the seal into position.
• Visual stop: The flange on the body of Philmac’s 3G Metric™ compression fitting provides a visual stop to indicate when the nut is fully tightened. This removes any uncertainty from the installation process.
• No loose components: If the nut is removed there is no danger of losing components, as the collet and seal are retained in the body of the fitting. Losing components in the trench becomes a thing of the past.
• Designed to minimise pipe twist: The fitting has been designed to minimise pipe twist as the nut is tightened. Maximum pipe twist is approximately a quarter turn compared to one and a half turns with many other fittings. Pipe twist can impact on not only the connection you have just made but also on the connection at the other end of the line.
• Approvals: Philmac 3G Metric™ is WaterMark approved and has WSAA appraisal.